Sunday, June 23, 2019

Stay rooted


Hey Sis,

It's been an intense season of joy for me over the past 2 weeks. I barely paid mind to the intensity of the traveling across three different countries in the space of 10 days, because every moment and purpose for each trip was so beautiful in itself. Thank You Jesus! I give the glory to God alone, sis…. for the graduation of my first son from University, for the gift of time out with my sisters to commemorate my sister’s 50th birthday, for being able to spend time with my nephew Eli… my little warrior-man who has been in hospital for over a year from the day he was born, for the graduation of my youngest son from secondary school, and for having all my children home together at the same time and for the first time in over two years. It’s FULL HOUSE, babes and I am simply loving it! My joy is full, sis. Oh yes, it sure is!

The events of the past few days have had me on a reflective trajectory about graduation, about the stages and phases of our lives. While graduation is a marker for finishing, it is also is statement of the fact that you came in, that you went through (process)…and that you made it to the end, and in the end.  Process…this is the bedrock of life isn’t it, sis? That everything is a process. Graduation means that you went made it through the rigor of process. Process speaks to times of intensity, of up’s and downs. Process speaks to the forging of new relationships, the remaking/shifting/reshaping and sometimes breakdown of old ones. Process speaks to growing, maturing, learning/unlearning/relearning. Process speaks to breaking or being broken, to mending and being mended. It speaks to right steps as much as it speaks to mistakes and missteps. It speaks to stretching and being stretched.

At any point in time sis, we are either about to enter process, are right in the process, or just coming out of it. But you know what sis? Process is a continuum! It never ends. You just move from one phase or thing into the next…and sometimes many at the same time, for good or otherwise. As much as my sons have made it through university and secondary school respectively, each of them is now in the immediate process of their ‘next’. Sure, they will have some time to ‘exhale’ for a bit…but they must move into their next seasons. Life doesn’t give you those endless breathers sis, it sure doesn’t.
If you recall, I’ve shared with you the fact that the Lord spoke to me early this year about “the process of the journey” …about the need to maintain the right perspective and embrace my processes so that I am able to emerge stronger and better at the other end, regardless of how difficult the journey might have been. Perspective is everything in the process of the journey, sis. Once you have the right perspective, it helps you stay rooted, grounded, to stand firm in the process knowing that ultimately you win.

And he will be like a tree firmly planted [and fed] by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season; Its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers [and comes to maturity]  - Psalm 1:3 (Amp)

“For he will be [nourished] like a tree planted by the waters, That spreads out its roots by the river; And will not fear the heat when it comes; But its leaves will be green amidst  And it will not be anxious and concerned in a year of drought nor stop bearing fruit - Jeremiah 17:8 (Amp)

I love these scripture verses. They remind me that I must stay rooted to my Source, my God and Father. They remind me that my roots must go down deep in an absolute conviction that He is working all things out for my good in accordance with His infallible Word…. that in this position, I will never lack nourishment, that every one of my processes will bring me to a place of prosperity and maturity. These scriptures remind me that regardless of the vagaries of life, the intensity of my seasons, that I may bend but I will never break… that I will always win, by the power of God! 

Getting to where every single one of my children has finished secondary school at one end and are already beginning to leave university at the other, has not been a walk in the park, sis. There were oh so many times of prayer and fasting, times when I lived on my knees in prayer, times when I stared fees in the face and wondered how on earth we’d pull this one off, heart-rending moments in hospital… so much, sis. But it has all come to maturity, sis. Fruit has come forth in its season! We have all prospered, and the Lord Himself takes all the glory. Going through…the process of the journey wasn’t easy, sis but we’ve made it and so will you!

Today the Lord is asking me to remind you that He waters us Himself, that He holds our hands through it all. He asks me to remind you that you need to allow your roots go deep enough to always drink of Him, no matter how dry the season. He is asking you to look past your difficulties and stand firm in Him. He is asking me to remind you that if you stand firm, you will we see the markers His faithfulness through the journey. He is asking me to remind you that in Him, all things ultimately prosper and come to maturity. He is asking me to assure you that as you stay rooted, you graduate sis…in every instance, you win in the end!

Sis, life can be hard, I know. But He Who holds all power carries us. He is our Source and our Strength…and He asks that we lean totally and completely on Him. All He asks in return is intimacy with us, sis. Our roots going deeper is about increased intimacy. This has been His clarion call to us for quite a while now. Come to the Water! Get planted! Stay planted! Dig deeper! Press in! Give Him time! Give Him more of you! Stand firm in Him! Stay rooted! Once this is our heart stance, our spiritual commitment, we graduate with honors sis, no matter what!

Sis, I pray that you allow this world to sink deep in your spirit, that you allow the Holy Spirit clarify it for you Himself, that you open yourself to Him showing you where you need deeper roots and how best you can stay grounded through your trials. Yes sis, my daily prayer is that you allow the Lord to guide you into all things, into all truth, into every victory….. even as surely as He is daily leading and guiding me.


Be blessed sis… for you surely are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts. You are loved and appreciated.

About Me

Entrepreneur, Mentor, Wife, Mother, Sister, Friend. A firm believer in God. Walking in faith everyday that by His grace, I will achieve harmony in all areas of my life, and make measurable impact in the lives of other women of the world