Friday, January 20, 2012

Sister power !


As we approached the gates of the guest house that was to be our home for the next week, I again wondered to myself what to expect from my time in South Africa. God was silent, but I somehow sensed that He had a smile on His lips. How right I turned out to be. From His favour on the in-bound flight, to the incredible outpouring of His Spirit while we were there, and even up till I entered the embrace of my children back home in Lagos; God smiled on me continually. Wow!

My sista and fellow traveller Bidemi Mark-Mordi and I, first exclaimed at the sight of the huge grey dog that bounded out towards the car (His name is Jack and he turned out to be pretty harmless, belying his size). And then an angel appeared... She wore a white robe and the warmest smile ever. Immediately she enveloped us in a hug that was pure love. I tell you girl, deep sure called unto deep. Thank you Linda Wallace!  I thank you for opening your heart to us ever before we got there. The warmth of that first embrace mirrored the pure love that is in your heart and the genuineness of who you are. I love you sisi.

Coach Anna McCoy         Linda Wallace
        (Woman Act Now)   (A Company of Women)

When Coach Anna McCoy joined us a little later, more love wrapped itself around us. Coach Anna continues to astound me with her ability to continually give of herself in love. Every time I am in her presence it is clear that she is ‘mindful’ of me, that she ‘sees’ me and her every thought is how she can add value to me. I love you Anna McCoy.
So, here we were with two awesome, amazing, highly successful, beautiful women, whose focus is not their wealth, beauty, success, reputation.... No! They are just two women who have an awesome, authentic heart for God, a burning passion to walk out their purpose, and to bring as many others as they can to understand and experience the love walk that God has called us to.

Indeed, I salute you Anna McCoy and Linda Wallace. I love you and I am blessed and highly favoured to be your sister and friend. Over the past few days, we bonded at all levels. We laughed, we cried, we prayed, we went on an ‘adventure’ (errrr....we got very lost actually, lol), we learnt from and just loved on each other. Awesome!

Am I boring you? Sorry sis. I know however that my new found soul sisters in SA will understand what I am talking about. I encourage you to google Coach Anna McCoy (Woman Act Now) and Linda Wallace (A Company of Women). You need to have these kinds of women in your life. These women are my friends; my mentors, they are my spiritual guides; they are my teachers..... they are my SISTERS! And this is really what I would like us to think about today.
Anna McCoy,Me Apostle Sithole, Linda Wallace, Bidemi

While in SA, I had the privilege to meet and love on some awesome beautiful women of God. There was Lona Twala, Rose Mathebula, Mama Sibonghile Sithole, Bokang Moatlhhodi, Nelissa Petse, Bongiwe Mnyande, Tutu, Jane, Johanna, Kosi and so many wonderful ladies that made such a phenomenal impact on me. (Okay lets be fair. I also met some great men of God: Apostle I. Sithole, Mubita Nawa, Pastor Lucky and our very own handyman ‘Sam-the-man’).

We had lots of women from my generation, some older women and a crop of young ladies from the next generation. We truly represented the nations (USA, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia) and the generations. One thing that stood out though, was the spirit of oneness that shined through. We were all and each of us...’Woman’  period!


We were all sisters with the same kinds of dreams and aspirations. We each shared the same kinds of challenges. We each just needed someone to truly see us and to love us the way we are. We each needed someone to see our dreams, believe in us and speak words of affirmation over us. We each needed someone who would not judge us based on our hair/nails/clothes/accessories/social status, etc. We each needed someone who we could honestly share our fears with, and hear them say ‘it’s okay’. We each needed someone we could cry with from the heart, releasing our hurts openly and sharing words and prayers for healing to take place. We each needed someone to not just hear us, but to actually listen to us (as Coach Anna would say... someone who would be ‘fully present’). We needed someone to encourage us and speak life/favour and grace over us. We needed someone to assure us that no matter how far we still need to grow in God, we are on the right track. 

Women Acting in their NOW!
Yup! We each needed to feel the love of a sister, one of our own kind, a deep that could readily relate to our deep. The chords of love and unity that flowed from these encounters clearly made its mark on each of us and will not readily be broken. We stood as women, as sisters and in one accord we pulled down the power of God. I am excited and expectant for the manifestations that will soon follow from the powerful prophetic words and prayers that came forth over the lives of each of us.

My take from all this experience? When I count my blessings going forward, I must acknowledge that God, in His infinite love for me, has placed special women in my life that will hold my hand in this walk to fulfil my purpose. I am reminded that there is nothing like a chance encounter, but that God truly is always ahead of me. I am convinced that my angels are on assignment, ordering the steps of the great women that will midwife my destiny, to put them in my path.

I am reminded that I also need to stand in the gap for my fellow women; that everything God has blessed me with is to be used to build up those He brings into my life. I am reminded that love does make the world go round and my love walk with my sisters will bring glory to God. I am reminded that as a woman, I am a nation-builder, an example and an influence unto generations. I am reminded that I’m all woman, and that everything I need to make a difference in the life of the next person, is already in me.

Think about whom YOU are, my sister and my friend. Look out for those who are in your space to build you up; but also look out for those who you are positioned, and well able to build up. Bring these two chords together with a third – the power of the Holy Spirit, and just see what God is able to use you to do. Remember that with God, YOU shall do valiantly. You are called to live a life of purpose, and you will fulfil your purpose... for your life, and in the life of your fellow woman. You have the power sis. You surely do!

Be blessed.... because you are.

3 comments:

  1. I was there and somehow words fail to capture the essence of this special time. Indeed, we need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm sis, deep and on point! It is said dt women are their own worst enemies but if we let go of the little foxes dt divide us and harness the power of the Holy Spirit resident in us as one, there would be no limit to what can achieve. Thanks for sharing this and indeed, we do need great mentors of our own ilk to show us the way. This blessed me. Was this like a women's program or a training?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love it. I too shall be forever changed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts. You are loved and appreciated.

About Me

Entrepreneur, Mentor, Wife, Mother, Sister, Friend. A firm believer in God. Walking in faith everyday that by His grace, I will achieve harmony in all areas of my life, and make measurable impact in the lives of other women of the world