Sunday, January 17, 2016

Birth your dreams

As I thought about what I purposed to share with you on this post today, a tweet I sent out recently came to mind. It was a quote that said ‘The biggest mistake you can make is listening to people who’ve given up on their dreams telling you to give up on yours’.  I can’t begin to tell you just how true this expression is, but I can tell from the number of re-tweets it got that it resonates deeply with many.

One of the things I am so glad for today is that I have been able to fulfill a good number of the dreams in my heart, and even as new ones continue to evolve, I have a sense that as bold and as audacious (scary even) as some of them look, the same grace of God which has seen me being able to actualize some of my dreams in the years past, is the same grace that will as well see these new ones come to pass. I look back on some of the things God has helped me to birth and I smile in remembrance of how big they once looked. I smile in realization that no matter how big the dreams are, God is bigger. Indeed, I have preached countless of times that if our dreams are big enough for us to readily accomplish with minimal efforts then they are certainly not from God.

Our God is a big God! He is the greatest of the greats. He is too big for us to readily comprehend. He is the One who sits on the heavens of heavens as His throne, and the One for Whom the earth is but a mere footstool. He is eternity past, present and future. He knows all things, and in Him do all things consist. Nothing is made that was made without Him. He is all knowing, all seeing, all powerful! He is the Creator Himself! He is the master Craftsman! He is the Author and the Finisher! He is the Potter! He is the Designer and Controller of the universe! He is the One to Whom all the resources of the earth and in the spirit realm belong!

Sis, our God is the One Who has written the end of all things from the beginning. He is the One for Whom nothing is impossible! He it is Who has boldly declared that eyes have not seen, nor ears heard, that it has not come into the realm of the imagination of men the things He has prepared for those that love Him. And this our God is the very One Who puts the dreams in our hearts in the first place, according to His grand design. One thing I know is that our God cannot put anything in us to do that He has not already resourced us to deliver on. The challenge is that we think about the possibilities through the eyes of our strengths, rather than through the lenses of God’s abilities. But when we choose to look past ourselves and set our hearts to obey, the outcomes are always so awesome.

Why am I focused on dreams today? Well sis, I have shared with you before that out of one of the dreams the Lord laid a dream years ago my book about couples working together-  ‘Double Impact’ was birthed. I know now that that dream was but a seed, sis….and the book is only one tree in the mighty forest that I know God wants to birth out of that seed. Last year, and as God had been leading me, I finally stepped out in a new level of obedience and set up the Double Impact Platform. What an amazing journey it has been so far! We just had our first meeting for this year and it was simply remarkable. The feedback from participants – male and female, gave me some serious food for thought on one hand, and on the other hand gave me clarity about the fact that the Double Impact Platform objectives from the perspective of the Kingdom are so much deeper than I had thought or can readily see.

I can’t share the details on this post, but suffice it to say and I can testify time and again, that when God puts a dream in our hearts, all He needs is our obedience and He does the rest. My earlier plan was to make the first two sessions free and then have participants pay going forward, but God spoke to me and said the Double Impact Platform would always be free. Sis, when He said that, my heart skipped a beat. I immediately thought of how much each meeting had cost me and wondered how I could sustain that expense. But I drew on my faith reservoir and decided to rest afresh in the assurance that I am resourced by heaven and God Himself. And as always He has come through for me time and again at these meetings, sis. All He needed was my faith! He has continued to do the rest. I have not lacked, and I have not been pressured!   

Sis, I stepped out in obedience and lives are being touched, marriages are being transformed, and Kingdom businesses are positioning to go to their next levels for God’s glory. And do you know what I believe is the best part, sis? It’s that I am able to say that in this too I am delivering glory to God. I am able to see that He has counted me worthy to use as an instrument to bless His children through another channel. I can see the forest now, sis. I have no clue how each tree will be established, but I know that as I stay the course and allow Him lead me, God Who has called me to do the planting is He Who will water, and He also Who will bring the increase. This increase will bless lives for generations to come, and expand His Kingdom on earth….of this I’m certain! I’m completely honored to be used of God sis, totally and completely bowled over!

But this is ultimately really not about me, sis. I have shared this with you to encourage you to step out in faith and in obedience to deliver on whatever it is that the Lord has lain in your heart to do. The dream you have held down all this while is so much bigger than what you can see, sis. And our God has counted you worthy to entrust you with the vision. You are holding back a kingdom assignment, sis and our Father is asking you to do something with what He has purposed for you to do. He is not calling you to go it alone, sis. I promise you! He is with you and He has already provided. As you take a stand to step out today, He will help you to see, to understand, and to access the resources He has made available to help you along the way. You won’t ever experience fulfillment until you intentionally step out in faith, sis. Can I encourage you to do this today? Can I ask you to take a deep breath, exhale and then allow yourself free-fall into the arms of He Who in the first place upholds you?

Our Father has need of you, sis! He has need of you in a greater way today! He has asked me to remind you today that He is waiting on you to make a move. He has asked that I say to you categorically that in 2016 He has a higher expectation of you. And He has asked me to remind you that you already have all the help that you need in Him. The Holy Spirit will help you, sis. This is my prayer for you. Certainly, I see that in my life that He has been and is my constant help. He is here for you too, sis. His grace is available to you and for you. As you walk into a new level of obedience backed by action, God will arise for you. He will honor your every effort and magnify your output for His glory….in Jesus name, Amen.


Be blessed sis… for you surely are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts. You are loved and appreciated.

About Me

Entrepreneur, Mentor, Wife, Mother, Sister, Friend. A firm believer in God. Walking in faith everyday that by His grace, I will achieve harmony in all areas of my life, and make measurable impact in the lives of other women of the world