Saturday, January 9, 2016

FROM BEGINNING TO END

God loves me! He really and truly does. I just had to first put this out there before anything else. That I and every member of my family are alive and thriving, that we can look back on 2015 and recount testimony upon testimony of God’s faithfulness towards us… simply amazing! I am personally beyond grateful. It is with this same spirit of love that I say to you ‘Happy New Year’. May 2016 bring the fullness of God’s special love for you into the realm of significant manifestations that will cause you to give equally astounding testimonies all through the year ahead, in Jesus name, amen.

2016 is already well underway. Indeed truth be told, we will all be planning another Christmas holiday sooner than later as the time flies rapidly by. I have come to the place of enjoying the journey of the passage of time because it takes me closer to seeing my children graduate, get married, birth their own children, and become fully established successfully in their own lives.

Can I confess something else to you? Each day also comes with some excitement about the countdown to an eternity in the presence of the Lord. I do pray and believe Him for long life, don’t get me wrong. I pray more than anything else to be a productive part of my children’s lives for decades to come. But I also bask in the privilege of knowing that whenever He does call me, I will be going home to my Father’s embrace. Do you think this is strange? Morbid? Well don’t sis! Truth is that every day is a gift and we never know which will be our last. Ah, I am grateful for every day here on earth; but I am more so grateful for my salvation, so thankful for what was such a mighty work of grace….a saving grace that today qualifies me as one of God’s own precious children; a salvation that assures me of a place in heaven and an eternity with Him. Awesome!  

The holidays are pretty much over for most of us. My two oldest children are back in Canada, and my home has quieted down considerably. As my last two start school as well next Monday, our routines will largely assume the stance they were at for the past year as yours no doubt will as well. This can be quite an emotional adjustment for many people. The holidays come with a euphoria that tends to becloud the daily realities we otherwise contend with. The holidays give us a few days to not focus on the pressures that otherwise tend to buffet us all year through. Truth is however, that between the emotional-pyscho-social and activity-oriented frenzy generated by the coordinated efforts of the media and the retail industry, many of us actually find ourselves in a more stressed out position over the few days of the ‘holidays’ than we normally would all the year through. We spend too much, eat too much, go out too much, and generally extend ourselves too much in one form or another.

It’s almost comical how we seem to forget that between December 31st and January 1st, nothing has changed in the real sense of it. The expression ‘Happy New Year’ does not immediately translate to all our problems being wiped away. Any unresolved ‘issues’ we might have had as at December 24th will not be resolved by the twinkling lights and festivities of the next seven days. Indeed, your first day back at work or school will remind you of that quickly enough, lol. Methinks this is why January can be hard on many. The post-holiday blues is real and can be pretty intense!

There will be the many who approach January with a sense of gloom; those who don’t believe they have anything to be excited about. All they can see is another twelve unproductive and frustrating months. The weights of their realities assume greater dimensions as they have to contend with those around them who approach the New Year with an air of excitement about the possibilities ahead. And you know sis, if you are not in that space of gloom, it can be hard to understand. Just know that if you have any one around you who is in this situation, they could be part of your 2016 assignment from God. It could be that He expects you to extend love, encouragement, support and hope to them. It could be that He wants you to touch their lives on His behalf, to help them come to the place of realizing afresh that He is God and He is more than able to turn things around for them if they hold fast to Him. Just saying…..

My prayer is that like me, you are one of those who have entered 2016 with a ‘letting go of the things behind and pressing forward into the future’ mindset. I pray that you have reset your spiritual GPS and are ready to hear and obey the things God will speak to you in 2016. I pray that you have come to the table with a fresh determination to upscale your obedience to His instructions no matter how unlikely they seem in the face of the many ‘facts’ that would instruct you otherwise. I pray that like me, you have entered 2016 with clarity about the fact that you are on a journey to deliver glory, and that no matter what you will come out on top if you allow God take the lead.

Sis, let me encourage you to hold on to Deuteronomy 11 v 10 -12 this year:
10 For the land which you are entering to possess is not like the land of Egypt from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered it with your foot like a garden of vegetables. 
11 But the land into which you are about to cross to possess, a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, 
12 a land for which the Lord your God cares; the eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the end of the year

This is my personal assurance from God that 2016 is new terrain; that it is not like 2015 from which I have come. There will be hills and valleys, yes… but my 2016 drinks water from the rain of heaven as does yours, sis. This word is my assurance that God’s eyes are on my 2016 from the beginning of the year until the end. Please let this be your assurance also. 

You are a big deal to God, sis. Release yourself, your hopes, your dreams and aspirations, your fears and concerns, squarely back into His able hands again. God is asking you afresh to let Him be your rest and assurance of a fruitful and fulfilling year, come what may. Can you that? Yes, you can! The Holy Spirit helps us, sis. He always has and He always will.

Be blessed sis…. For you surely are!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts. You are loved and appreciated.

About Me

Entrepreneur, Mentor, Wife, Mother, Sister, Friend. A firm believer in God. Walking in faith everyday that by His grace, I will achieve harmony in all areas of my life, and make measurable impact in the lives of other women of the world